Tottenham vs Burnley
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 15 May 2022
Kick-off at 12:00 UK/ 13:00 CET
Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Spurs have climbed to the fifth spot in the table and they will be determined to secure a ticket to the Champions league at any cost.
However, they will have to overtake archrivals Arsenal in the process, and in order to do that they will have to go on an absolutely thrilling streak for the remainder of the campaign.
Their recent form has been very good, and they have been finding the back of the net at a great rate as well. It also needs to be mentioned that they even held title-favourites Liverpool to a draw, which kind of has put a dent on Jurgen Klopp’s hopes for an unprecedented quadruple.
The team has an exciting matchup coming up at home. They are pitted against the relegation-threatened Burnley, who are hanging by a thread over the cut off.
It goes without saying that this team is under massive pressure, and they will find it hard to keep a clean sheet against Tottenham, who are going after a top-four finish as if they are possessed. At home, count on Spurs to post the three points on the board.
Tottenham vs Burnley Head-to-head (h2h)
- Spurs won three of the last four encounters.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had finished in a 4-0 win for them.
- At this ground, the hosts are on a three-game winning streak.
- Spurs have a 100 percentage winning record at home in the last 13 years.
Tottenham vs Burnley Prediction & Analysis
Spurs held Liverpool to a 1-1 draw at Anfield the last match-day. They were also unbeaten in eight of their past ten fixtures, and in the process, they had gone on a four-game winning streak too.
Do also note that they had won four of their past five appearances at home.
On the other hand, Burnley lost 1-3 at home the past game week against Aston Villa. Do also note that they were winless in 32 of their past 40 overall fixtures.
Finally, they have also won just twice on their road this whole season in all competitions, and most importantly they have a poor head-to-head record against this opponent.
For these observations, expect a convincing win for Tottenham. Do also expect goals in plenty considering the desperation both teams are experiencing.
Key Stats for
- The Magpies have lost just five times at home all through the campaign.
- They are one of the only four teams in the competition to have won four of their past five appearances at home. Note that two of these squads are Liverpool and Manchester City.
- Only the dead-last placed Norwich have scored fewer goals than Burnley.
Tips for Tottenham vs Burnley
Tottenham -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.00 (1/1)
Correct Score: 3-1 Tottenham @ 12.00 (11/1).